Product Description and Features
LYSAGHT TOPSPAN® 120 is a 120mm deep profile used as a roof purlin or wall girt. It is commonly used in the rural, residential and small commercial market for shed, garages and awnings where longer spans or strength is required. It is commonly used in lieu of the smaller and lighter gauge traditional Cee and Zed purlins. It is commonly called a “rural purlin”.
Its versatility has resulted in applications other than a purlin such as shelving and flooring.. Strong and rigid, LYSAGHT TOPSPAN® 120 is maintained even when lapped because the profile permits a precise, snug lap without the need to deform the section’s shape.
- Can be used as an alternative to light gauge purlins and girts (steel or timber)
- Won’t burn, warp, twist, splinter or rot and it won’t be attacked by termites
- Versatile, economical, easily handled and stored simply by stacking
- Can be mounted directly onto rafters or against columns without the use of cleats or bolts
- The webs have two longitudinal stiffeners for improved web strength and thus improved profile capacity.
LYSAGHT TOPSPAN® 120 light steel sections are made from Next generation ZINCALUME® aluminium / zinc / magnesium alloy coated steel complies with AS1397-2011 G550, AM125 (550 MPa minimum yield stress, 125 g/m2 minimum coating mass).
|Thickness (BMT, mm):||0.70||0.90||1.0|
|Yield Strength (MPa):||550||550||550|
|Coating Mass (g/m²):||125||125||125|