Product Description and Features
LYSAGHT TOPSPAN® 22 steel ceiling battens are versatile and easy to use, providing strength, lightness and rigidity with low cost. It is a 22mm deep profile used as a ceiling batten for internal fixing of ceiling and wall liner.
The top flange of the profile has an embossed surface to make it easier for the plasterboard screws to grip and “bite-in” without slippage during awkward installation positioning. The lips of the bottom flanges are rounded for improved safety during handling and installation by the plasterboard trades. Nominal lapping (non-structural) is simple and will ensure continuity and straightness of fastener alignment.
- High strength and light weight
- Won’t shrink warp, twist or burn
- Compatible with all popular domestic ceiling plasterboards
- Store LYSAGHT TOPSPAN® 22 clear of the ground under cover to prevent water and/or condensation being trapped between adjacent surfaces
- Do not walk on battens between joists.
LYSAGHT TOPSPAN® 22 Ceiling Battens are made from TRUECORE® steel (aluminium/zinc alloy coated) complying with AS1397 G550, AM150 (550 MPa minimum yield stress, 150g/m2 minimum coating mass).
Thickness (BMT mm)
Yield Strength (MPa)
Mass Coating (g/m2)